Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trials and God's plan

One of the unfortunate facts of life is trials. We all go through hard times, sometimes so hard we don't know if we'll ever make it out. These words from the Savior to His disciples lift me up:

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Luke 12:5-6

I think of how often I lose a hair, and this scripture really comforts me. I think I lost three hairs in the shower this morning, but I'm really not sure because most of the time I don't even know that a hair fell from my head. God is intimately aware of us. He knows the little details we don't even know, and He is taking care of us; nothing happens except that He is watching over us and planning for us.

No comments: