Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Change of Heart

The Gospel of Jesus Christ can do many different things for a person, but one that is most important and precious is the ability to change someone. I don't mean trivial changes; I mean really changing.

Real change is one of the most difficult things, but I know that angry people can become calm, and arrogance can make way for humility. It is not easy, but it is possible. From Ezekiel 11:19

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh.

The Savior overcame every difficulty as part of His perfect sacrifice. He has the ability to help us change. I am by no means a perfect man, but I know that through the Gospel it is possible to overcome the desire to sin, not just the sin itself. It is hard to put this into words, but I know from personal experience that we can be changed.

One cannot earn the Savior's help or His mercy. We all rely on His sacrifice, because without it we cannot be saved. I am just a man, but I have felt this change from time to time. I try to retain it in my heart. Merry Christmas.

No comments: