Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Testimony of Christ

I know that Jesus Christ is the Jehovah of the Old Testament. I know that He descended from a throne to be born in a manger. I know that He lived His life as a perfect example for us; He wanted to show us how to have peace in this life and to return to Heavenly Father afterwards.

I know that He willingly gave His life for us. No man took it from Him, but He gave it, and He took it up again. He lives!

I know that He willingly suffered for you and for me. Despite having power to stop things at any time He allowed Himself to be tortured, so that He could know, according to the flesh, how to heal our pains. He suffered so that we can be healed with His stripes.

I know that He is merciful. He focuses more on the 10% we did right than the 90% we did wrong, especially when the 10% is our best effort. I know He wants nothing more than to apply His Atonement to our sins and make them right.

I know that He did not just suffer for sin: He suffered all of our pains. Every mental anguish, stress, unjust circumstance, trauma, unspeakable and unexplainable pain. He took all these upon Himself so that He could heal us, even the heaviest burdens He can make light.

I know that He watches over us now and seeks to bless us. I know that He lives, and because He lives we can hope for a better world, even when nothing our eyes see backs it up.

I believe in Christ.

No comments: